Millfield House1a Little Basing, Bartons Lane,
Old Basing, Basingstoke,
Hampshire, RG24 8AX,
Telephone: 01256 474513
Mobile: 07778 495247
Place cursor over icons to see their meaning.
Access Statement for Millfield House
Millfield House is a 4 bedded detached bed and breakfast establishment. The following statement is a summary of what we can provide. Hopefully the information provided will help you decide if Millfield House suits your requirements, but please contact us on 01256 474513 if you have any specific questions. The owner has completed a Welcome Host course sponsored by Visit Britain. We welcome any feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments or suggestions please telephone 01256 474513, or e-mail me using our Contact Us page.
- The nearest bus stop is approximately 400 yards away. Access is fairly easy but it is necessary to step off kerbs before you can locate the bus stop. A summary of local bus routes, and British Rail enquiries is available on our website www.millfieldhouse.co.uk where you can see photographs of all the guest rooms on the on-line booking site
- The main railway station is approximately 10 minutes away by car and there is always a good supply of taxis outside.
- Phone nos of local taxi firms are A.B.C. Taxis 01256 465000/464212 , Alpha cars 01256 844444, Alan's taxi 07590 503904
The town centre of Basingstoke is approximately 10 minutes away by car and there is an hourly bus service. The walk into the town will take approximately 45 minutes There are excellent parking facilities for disabled people in the main Festival Place car park. There is a good supply of Radar toilets in the town centre and most of the larger stores provide cloakroom facilities for disabled users. Basingstoke Council also run a shop mobility service where motorised vehicles for disabled people can be hired. For more information telephone 01256 476066. The Disability Information and Advice Centre can also be contacted on 01256 814682
you can contact us on 01256 474513,or by e-mail using our Contact Us page.
- All the bedrooms in Millfield House are located on the first floor. Although the stairs are wide there are a total of 15 steps to climb.
- Millfield house is unable to accommodate pets of any sort.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is off road designated parking for 5 cars on level ground next to the house. Help can be offered if necessary to carry luggage into the house. The car parking area is covered in gravel but the path to the house from the car parking area is concreted and level. There is a small step at the end of the path which is approximately 5 yards long,and a normal threshold leading into the house. There is rear access to vehicles once parked. The car parking area is automatically illuminated when movement is detected and the front of the house is always well lit at night. There are also video surveillance cameras overlooking the car parking area.
- Checking in time is from 4p.m. unless by prior arrangement. There is a visible sign at the front of the house displaying the house name and the door bell is to the right of the front door. We will always be there to welcome you.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- Entrance is through front door and immediately through further glass door into the reception area. There is seating available in the reception area plus a standard toilet. The reception area measures approximately 8 yards by 3 yards.
- All guests are accompanied to their rooms and shown the available facilities.
- The stairs lead off from the reception area directly to the first floor. There is a large wall mirror in the hall.
- There is a hand bell in reception to attract attention.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc.
- The reception area has a wooden floor but the rest of the house has fitted carpets in all rooms. All bedrooms are on the first floor and are en suite. Bedroom 4 has a bath plus over bath power shower and the remainder of the bedrooms have power showers in conventional sized shower cubicles. The stairs are 3 foot in width and have a sturdy wooden hand rail. There is a fridge on the landing containing chilled water, squash, fresh milk and chocolate bars. All bedrooms are within 3 yards from the top of the stairs, and the corridors are 4 foot wide.
- All bedrooms have standard wooden doors fitted with a Yale lock and entry is obtained with a key.
- All areas remain lit at night.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc.
- The dining room is on 1 level and is carpeted. Access is via a conventional wooden door. There is access to the patio via French doors but it is necessary to step down onto the patio area. The area is always well lit.
- There is 1 standard toilet in the reception area.
- There is no lounge area.
- All televisions have access to teletext and sub titles.
- There is a conventional toilet in the reception area measuring approximately 2 yards square with vinyl flooring. There is also a hand basin with mixer taps. There are no specific baby changing rooms.
- The dining room has a conventional oval table and chairs without arms. The table is 30 inches in height.
- There is no piped music in Millfield House, but a radio is playing softly in the background during breakfast.
- Menus are available in the guest information folders in the bedrooms and also in the dining room.
- We will endeavour to be meet all dietary requests within reason.
- A limited laundry service is available on request.
- Guests are welcome to sit in the garden where seating is available. Entrance to the garden is via French doors leading from the dining room.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
Clubs & Entertainment
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All bedrooms are on the first floor with easy level access from the top of the stairs. All bedrooms have a mini fridge.